Please help us keep our children well. Please refer to the following Prince William County School regulation for keeping child at home while they are sick.
Illness or Injury Exclusion Criteria
Reasons for which a child may be sent home from school or for a parent to keep the child home from school.
1. Fever of 100ºF and over – exclude until student has been fever-free for at least 24 hours (without the use of a fever reducer such as Tylenol or Motrin).
2. Conjunctivitis (pink eye), strep infections, ringworm, and impetigo are all infections and must be treated with medication for a minimum of 24 hours before returning to school. Please do not allow affected students back before this time so that other students are not infected unnecessarily.
3. Rash of unknown origin (especially if accompanied by a fever).
4. Head injury.
5. Severe coughing or difficulty breathing.
6. Colds – a child with thick or constant nasal discharge should remain home.
7. Diarrhea or vomiting – exclude until student has been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
8. Stiff neck associated with a fever and/or a recent injury.
9. Inadequate immunizations with known disease outbreak in school.
10. Refer to the VDOH “Communicable Disease Reference Chart for School Personnel” for other exclusions/information.
Attention 5th grade Families! The Tdap vaccine is required for all children entering the 6th grade. Throughout the school year as your child receives this immunization, please turn a copy into the clinic so that the file can be updated.