I am having a great time working with the kids and getting to know them, and their learning styles more.
The kids are working wonderfully in the classroom with the technology. They are learning and surpassing what I ever thought we could do. We are making interactive presentations an learning from videos and online resources as well.
What are we learning?
- We are working on finding the main idea of different kinds of texts.
- We are working on adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing decimals. Our quest (what we call a test) will be on February 24.
- The students are learning about oceanography. We are learning some wonderful new things about oceans on our planet.
- Students are also working on their Science Fair projects for the Fair in March.
- We are finishing up our Southeast Region of the United States presentations and research. We will start to look at the Midwest Region soon.
* We started reading our book for One School, One Book this week! The kids are really excited to be listening and learning about John (the main character of the book).
* There will be no school on February 20 for President's Day.
* Please make sure that kids are coming to school well attired. It's starting to get cold!
* Please look for the Panther Cub folders coming home on Thursdays. There is lots of good information coming home to share.
"In order to Achieve, we must first believe we can." Nikos Kazantzakas